Unum’s group hospital indemnity insurance can complement your health insurance to help you pay for the costs associated with a hospital stay. It can also provide funds for the out-ofpocket expenses your medical plan may not cover, such as coinsurance, copays and deductibles. You may also purchase coverage for your spouse and dependent children. Employees must have comprehensive medical coverage before purchasing hospital indemnity insurance. You may apply for enrollment or drop coverage at any time. Coverage begins on the first of the month in which you have your first payroll deduction for premiums.
- You can purchase coverage of $1,500 per hospital admission.
- Premiums are deducted from your paycheck.
- This information is not intended to be a complete description of the insurance coverage available. The policy or its provisions may vary or be unavailable in some states. The policy has exclusions and limitations which may affect any benefits payable. For complete details of coverage and availability, please refer to Policy form C.FP-I et al. or GHI-1, or contact your Unum representative.
- Unum complies with state civil union and domestic partner laws when applicable.
- Underwritten by: Unum Life Insurance Company of America, Portland, Maine, unum.com.
- THIS IS A LIMITED POLICY ©2013 Unum Group. All rights reserved. Unum is a registered trademark and marketing brand of Unum Group and its insuring subsidiaries.