Eligibility to participate in Ensign’s benefits program is described below.
Full-time employees of an Ensign Services-affiliated company:
- Regularly scheduled to work at least 30 hours per week and
- Have completed their Benefits Waiting Period (see When Coverage Begins)
- Legal spouse or same-sex domestic partner (or an opposite sex domestic partner if you and/or your domestic partner is age 62 or over).
- Children under age 26, and dependent children of any age who are not able to support themselves due to a physical or mental disability who became disabled before age 26. An eligible child includes your natural child, adopted child, step child or child for whom you have been appointed legal guardianship by a court of law. Children of a covered spouse or domestic partner are also eligible. Newborns must be enrolled within 30 days of birth to be covered.
- You are required to have documentation of your dependent’s relationship to you (such as a marriage or birth certificate) and be able to provide it to Ensign upon request.
|Department heads, nurses, therapists and Service Center employees||Benefits* are effective the first of the month after your hire date provided you enroll by the end of the month in which your benefits become effective. Example: If you are hired January 3, your benefits are effective on February 1, provided you enroll by February 28.|
|Other employees of an Ensign Services-affiliated company||Benefits* are effective the first of the month following 60 days of employment, provided you enroll by the end of the month in which your benefits become effective. Example: If you are hired May 15, your benefits are effective on August 1, provided you enroll by August 31.|
|Enrolled dependents||Dependent coverage begins at the same time your employee coverage begins, provided documentation of a dependent’s eligibility, such as a marriage or birth certificate, is submitted within 45 days of your benefits effective date.|
* Effective dates for voluntary benefits are described on the applicable voluntary benefits page.
|Flexible Spending Accounts, Life Insurance and Disability coverage||Coverage ends on the last day of employment.|
|Other benefits||Coverage ends on the last day of the month in which you terminate employment or become ineligible for benefits.|